- As Android Versions keep being updated, many APIs and their methods are being revised.
- Even though those API’s methods get deprecated, developers can still use the methods. (but they will see compiler’s warning)
- However, developers are discouraged to keep using these methods because it is dangerous or there is better alternatives.
- Method name changed more simple
- View in parameter changed to ViewGroup
- Reason: This makes it more obvious what the parameter refers to, improves the readability of the code and removes the need to constantly cast the Views to ViewGroups.
- In Android 21(Lollipop) introduced some new theme attributes.
- So if I use deprecated getDrawable() to obtain a drawable with them attributes, logcat gives a warning.