Bandwidth (bps – bits per second)
- Amount of data that can be transmitted in per unit time.
- Difference between highest frequency and lowest frequency (bandwidth = high – low)
- Number of complete cycles per second.
- ex) 60Hz = 60 cycles per second
- Low Frequency Wave
- There are many frequencies already being used by other appliances such as microwave ovens(causes interferences).
- Small bandwidth: There is no much space not being used around it.
- Too crowded these days.
- Covers farther distance
- Low speed
- ex) Wifi (2.4GHz or 5 GHz)
- High Frequency Wave
- Large bandwidth: There is a lot of space not being used around it.
- Covers short distance
- High speed
- ex) Millimeter Wave (60GHz)